A one day workshop to tackle the risk based approach to fire safety regulation and the dual enforcement regime provided by the Housing Act 2004 & Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. There is an emphasis on throughout the day on fire safety in houses in multiple occupation.
The course covers:
- An overview of the legal framework and dual enforcement regime associated with fire safety enforcement in residential accommodation.
- Understanding the new risk based approach to fire safety
- General principles of fire risk reduction – the range of practical fire safety solutions appropriate to the level of risk
- Fire safety and the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
- Review of the LACORS Guidance in relation to a range of issues including shared houses, single family homes, technical matters etc
- Case studies to reinforce learning outcomes
If you want a bespoke course to cover the topics or areas that you are most interested in, then please contact us to discuss your requirements.